Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A few last minute things before our trip

So the last minute things included:
  • Building a new baggage door. This one is insulated like the rest of the walls, and sealed.
  • Installing all the new handles, hinges and catches on the drawers and cupboard doors.
  • Building a new Rock Guard (1.5" L channel Aluminum and Smoked Polycarbonate)
  • Squaring away the plumbing, incoming city and Grey water drain system.
  • Lining the cupboards with non slip stuff
  • packing her up.

I won't go into too much detail about much except the Rock Guard, pretty proud of that. I dismantled a rock guard I bought but was a bit too small for the windows, why I forgot to measure I don't know.... but it worked out in the end.

I bought two 8' 1.5x1.5 L-channel sticks, and after cutting them 3" too long for my measurements I proceeded to notch a 1.5"x1.5" square out of one side of both ends then proceeded to bend that extra tab left over to build a boxed end. I clamped, drilled and rivited the two lower corners together before attaching them to the original hinge that happened to still be attached to the trailer. Once the frame was complete I cut the Poly sheet to fit and riveted that to the frame too. I had to rebuild the hinges a bit to make them work right, but after attaching thos to the frame and the trailer, I drilled a few holes for 3 open positions and one locked position. Everything works great. I'm still deciding on how to rebuild the centersupport, that didn't work out too well, it's there for looks right now.

Stopped off at Camping World for a few last minutes things and we were on our way for our first trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome! Please include your name in the comment as you will only be shown as "Anonymous" and I need to approve all comments efore they are posted. If I don't know who posted the comment, I won't post it to the blog. Thanks for the comments, they are appreciated!

Search This Blog