Thursday, July 16, 2009

okay before I get to the paint pictures....

when I was doing the inside walls, as I mentioned earlier in this blog... I forgot to insulate a section of the wall. Specifically between the window and the Kichen Cupboards, 3 feet and up to the ceiling. so I took that corner apart to insulate it... and I remembered I also had some rot down there that I left alone... well even my repair didn't hold well, so I rebuilt that corner.

Scary... pulling of the siding!
DSC_5658

DSC_5671

Okay so the big L you see is a new piece, around the corner in the front there is a new 1x3" too... so that corner is all new now. Also, that footer is new (had to rip a 1x4 down... weird size like actual 2"!) and replaced and supported a couple cross pieces. I used that tin to help protect the corner and keep it all together. A lot stronger now!!
DSC_5667

the old girl is sanded and ready for paint! Bye Bye Aristocrat Stripes!
DSC_5664

The red went on first (stupid, should start on the upper section first... less runs to touch up later... ask me how I know!
DSC_5683

the next morning I touched up the red a bit, then started with the white. This white was matched from my son's radio flyer "retro" trike... I used the seat to color match the Valspar Industrial Anti-rust, Scratch-Resistant Oil Based Enamel(Smae exact paint they use for the tractor and implement paint, typically IH White is used). I call it "Radio Flyer White". (notice how blue (cold) the old paint is in comparison) the new paint really warmed up the exterior, and gave a preview of what's inside :)
DSC_5697

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome! Please include your name in the comment as you will only be shown as "Anonymous" and I need to approve all comments efore they are posted. If I don't know who posted the comment, I won't post it to the blog. Thanks for the comments, they are appreciated!

Search This Blog