Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Interior paint is DONE!

Yay! Finally, well actually it was done last week, I've just been slacking on posting here. So the cabinets are all gloss off-white, the ceiling is flat white ceiling paint, the walls are light brown/tan. They all compliment the red doors and appliances, the floor, the curtain material and the vinyl for the cushions nicely.

I polished the sidesplash and backsplash as best I could, (I can almost see myself in it) and replaced all the interior window trim. I will polish the insides and outsides of the windows, tint the glass and polish the trim when I take them all out this summer to paint the exterior and re-seal everything nice and tight.

I have some metal cove trim for the Kichenette, Closet and cupboard. The wall-to-ceiling, and wall-to-wall joints will all be trimmed with this nice light plastic trim from HD. The Floor-to-wall and floor-to-seat bases will be done with 1/4 round plastic. THe plastic is already white, so hopefully I will only have to touch up the nail holes with silicone instead of doing any more paint... tell I'm done painting? :)

I also picked up pretty cheap off craigslist a Panasonic 5 disk DVD changer with 5.1 Dolby Digital surround sound... and it plays MP3s, so I'll load up 5 disks of MP3s and I'll have a pretty nice 3.2gb juke box! The trailer's got bumps. Not sure if I'm going to put a TV in there or not, probably just run audio from my laptop to the stereo if I want to watch a movie... maybe a mini jack to plug audio into may work right off the kichenette next to the outlet that is there. THat way I can plug in the laptop and Audio at the same time.

Anyways, I still have to run and hide all the wires, put up the trim, hang the curtain rods and sew the curtains.

Then I'm done with the interior! Just waiting on my dad to recover from knee surgury enough to stich up my cushions and I'm ready to camp again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome! Please include your name in the comment as you will only be shown as "Anonymous" and I need to approve all comments efore they are posted. If I don't know who posted the comment, I won't post it to the blog. Thanks for the comments, they are appreciated!

Search This Blog