So I got some New Old Stock (from the 60's) Sunbrella Fabric from 48 Rob and brought it down to my dad's shop to get it all sewn up this afternoon.
The Man :)
Instead of wrapping the Fabric over the rope, we wrapped the rope with this rubberiezed fabric he had left over from another job... something about a radiator in Alaska. It's about the same thickness, but will take the abuse of the rail better than almost 50 year old fabric.
setting the gromets in the corners was kinda fun... two pieces that get pressed together by a single blow of the hammer... or maybe two. :)
And all set up! Well, mostly... I'll take it over to the State Park tomorrow and set it up on the grass. Let me tell you, I'm glad we used the rubberized fabric... just a bit of Synthetic Grease (mobile1) and it slides into the track with ease!