Saturday, June 13, 2009

More work done...

In addition to getting the cushions back, I also rebuilt the front rock gaurd/awning. It had a bit of a flexing problem before, if you don't remember or know what I'm talking about see below,

DSC_2773

so I drilled out all of the rivets holding the poly carbonate to the frame, and popped them from the other direction this time for a more finished look. Also, I riveted in a 3/4"x3/4" L-bracket right behind the floppy 1.5" piece I put for more show than go.

Now, the awning is very solid, and has ZERO flex like it did before.

DSC_4991

DSC_4987

Here's a few exterior shots, before I paint it, soon!

with my Talks-A-Mile-A-Minute genius Son
DSC_4697

and with the spare tire (not to be used as a real spare) on the back. I'm thinking of mounting this under the trailer instead of on the back... I dunno yet, but I may add a 2" hitch reciever on the back as well to put the bike rack on there... so when I build that, I might as well make it a spare tire holder too...
DSC_4700

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome! Please include your name in the comment as you will only be shown as "Anonymous" and I need to approve all comments efore they are posted. If I don't know who posted the comment, I won't post it to the blog. Thanks for the comments, they are appreciated!

Search This Blog